In order to stay fit and healthy, one need to regularly keep a tab on what you eat. An imbalanced diet can have a negative impact on health, which can lead to obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and diabetes. But good nutrition, helps to stay fit and active. Simply eating healthy and exercising will not give you long-term results. One need to make permanent lifestyle choices and should look at eating patterns and make it a part of daily lifestyle.
Here are a few tips which can help one to maintain good health and nutrition.
- Don’t skip your breakfast: Breakfast is the first meal of the day, so one should feed your body with the right nutrients.
- Avoid eating unhealthy snacks: Unhealthy snacks like potato chips, pizza, ice cream, pasta contain a lot of empty calories.
- Eat Plenty of Fruits and Vegetables: All fruits and veggies plays an important role in providing various vitamins and minerals to our body. Include a lot of veggies and fruits like oranges, red tomatoes, purple berries and leafy greens as they are all rich in antioxidants that fight disease causing free radicals.
- Hydrate yourself: Keeping yourself hydrated throughout the day will not only give you a flawless skin but also flush out all the toxins from your body. Water carries out several important functions such as flushing bacteria out of your bladder, aiding digestion, carrying nutrients and oxygen to the cells. Water intake needs to increase if the activity pattern of the person is very high like those for athletes or those who gym regularly as they lose a large amount of water.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is also very important to maintain good health. Exercise keeps the muscles in good tone, makes bone stronger and helps the lungs, heart and blood vessels work well.
- Avoiding Hazardous Substances: Avoiding certain hazardous substances such as tobacco, alcohol and narcotic drugs help in maintaining good health. These substances affect the body as well as mind of the individual.
- Sleep and Relaxation: During the rest period the cells of our body recover from the work of the day they build up supplies of energy for the next period of activity. Regular sleep and relaxation plays an important role in maintain good health.
Maintaining healthy diet requires a lot of focus, motivation and dedication. It is all about including plant-based foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes in your diet